How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Selling a car yourself in Fort Lee can be a huge hassle, but it’s much easier to sell your car at a dealership. Another benefit is that by selling at a dealership like BMW of Tenafly, you can use the value of your old vehicle to help purchase a new BMW. You can learn more about how to sell a car at a dealership in this guide.
How to Prepare Your Car For Sale at a Dealership
Before you can sell your car to a dealership in Cresskill, you’ll have to get ready. Be sure to do these things:
- Clean Up Your Car: To quickly increase the value of your vehicle, have your car washed and detailed, and replace small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Make a list of your vehicle’s additional features and accessories (like extra key fobs or bike mounts) and have a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle. This will make it a more appealing purchase
- Get Ahold of Your Car’s Title: When you sell your car, having its title will save both you and the dealer time as well as get you your offer faster.
- Find out Your Car’s Value: Tools like those from Cars.com or Kelley Blue Book can help you determine the value of your car. Our online value your trade tool is one useful example. Having this value on hand helps you negotiate.
- Find The Right Dealership: Newer, gently-used vehicles are likely to be bought by most Closter dealerships. Older model cars are easier to sell to used car dealerships.
What Sale at a Dealership is LIke
Once your car is ready and you’ve chosen a dealership, the process will likely go like this:
- You’ll Make an Appointment: Making an appointment ahead of time allows the dealer to have the proper documents ready. Walking-in is often possible, but not preferred.
- You’ll Speak With the Used Car Manager: Most dealerships have a Used Car Manager who will handle the sale. They’re the ones who will collect your information and run a vehicle history report on your car.
- They’ll Inspect Your Car: Depending on the dealership, either the Used Car Manager or a service technician in the dealership’s service center will inspect your car to determine its quality and mechanical condition.
- You Get to Consider Their Offer: The dealership will give you an offer. Then, you can decide whether to accept it, negotiate, or go to another dealership to look for a better one.
Why Sell Your Car to a Dealership?
There are a number of benefits to selling your vehicle to a dealership:
- Less Hassle: Selling to a dealership is quick and easy. When you sell your car privately, it can take a lot of time and involve interacting with a large number of people.
- Put The Value Towards a New Car: You can use a vehicle you sell to a dealership as a trade-in. That allows you to put the value of your old vehicle towards a new car.
- Save on Your Taxes: By trading in your current vehicle to buy another, you only have to pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of the new car.
Sell Your Car to BMW of Tenafly!
Our finance center in Tenafly is happy to help you sell your current vehicle to use or trade it in. Contact us if you have any questions.
More from BMW of Tenafly
If you’re looking for an electric ride that adds a touch of elegance to your Fort Lee travels, then you’re sure to appreciate the new 2022 BMW i4 range to get around with ease. This new electric model is equipped with stunning battery power and reliable charging times to ensure you have all the capabilities…
The BMW i4 has been causing major buzz among auto experts and car enthusiasts around the world, and this all-electric luxury sedan has raised the standards of the growing EV segment. From its exceptional driving dynamics to its tech-packed cabin, this sedan is the total package – but what about convenience? The BMW i4…
Your next high-end SUV should deliver the luxury of more capabilities to utilize along your Fort Lee travels, and the 2022 BMW X7 towing capacity is no exception. So, how much can a BMW X7 tow? When equipped with the proper towing accessories, this BMW crossover can tow up to 7,500 pounds so you can…