How to Program a BMW Key Fob
Looking to learn how to program a BMW key fob? The team at BMW of Tenafly can help. We know the keyless entry feature is one many drivers rely on, so when this feature stops working, you’ll want to know how to program a BMW key fob replacement ASAP. Learn how with the service team from BMW of Tenafly and you’ll be back on the road in no time with a working BMW key fob.
Starting Fresh with a BMW Key Fob Replacement
No matter if you lost your key fob in Closter or your key fob battery died in Tenafly, we can help you get a new one and program a BMW key fob replacement. Here’s how you can reprogram a BMW key fob replacement:
- Insert key into the ignition and quickly turn it to position 1 and back 5 times, then remove the key.
- On your BMW key fob, hold the unlock button and press the BMW logo 3 times, then release the unlock button.
- If you have additional key fobs you’d like to program at this time, repeat step 3 within 30 seconds from the original key programming.
- Turn on the ignition to complete the process.
Programming Additional BMW Key Fobs
Interested in keeping a spare key fob? Easy! Here’s the process to get the BMW key fob spare to work:
- Take the programmed key fob and the ones you want to program inside the car with all doors and windows closed.
- Put the working key into the ignition and turn it to position 1. The dash lights and accessories should turn on. Turn the key back and remove it.
- On the working key, hold down the unlock button and press the BMW logo button 3 times, then release the unlock button. The doors will then automatically lock and unlock.
- Take the new key and hold down the unlock button while pressing the BMW logo 3 times, then release the unlock button. You’ll be finished when the doors lock and unlock.
The BMW of Tenafly Service Department is Here to Help
Our instructions on how to program a BMW key fob will work on most BMW models, however, some will have slightly different methods for programming the key. If you find our steps in this guide aren’t working, contact our service department. We can help you figure it out. If you’d rather someone from our team set it up for you, schedule an appointment. We’ll be more than happy to help.